Allsup Inc. Marks 250,000 Successful Customers Receiving Social Security Disability Insurance Benefits
National non-attorney representation organization celebrates 31 years of providing True Help® for individuals with disabilities
Belleville, Ill.-May 14, 2015―Allsup Inc. said today it had reached a historic milestone in its 31-year history-helping 250,000 customers with disabilities successfully navigate the complex Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) process.
"Allsup has always been a strong advocate for our customers with disabilities. We are driven to make a difference for those who can no longer work due to a physical or mental disability," said Jim Allsup, founder and CEO. "It may not always have been politically popular, but our goal has been to ensure that someone who is eligible gets the benefits they earned while working and deserve."
Over the years, Allsup has created new services that meet a broad range of needs when a disability affects individuals and their families. In addition to SSDI representation, Allsup now provides healthcare insurance assistance, which helps claimants navigate the health insurance marketplace and exchange plans, Medicaid and Medicare, at no cost. The company also introduced the Allsup Medicare Advisor® and Allsup Veterans Disability Appeal Service®.
For those who obtain Social Security disability benefits and can return to work, re-employment assistance is now available to individuals through Allsup Employment Services Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Allsup and a Social Security-approved Employment Network.
Reasons For SSDI Representation
Allsup frequently answers questions about SSDI representation and helps individuals determine eligibility for SSDI benefits.
Consider the following advantages for individuals with disabilities when they apply for Social Security disability benefits with Allsup as their representative.
- Eligibility determination. An experienced representative can quickly determine if an individual is eligible for SSDI benefits. The Social Security Administration's requirements are stringent, including regulations regarding work history and insured status. Click here for a free Social Security disability eligibility screening.
- Expert assistance. Allsup disability experts know Social Security's requirements and regulatory policies. This expertise is applied to properly completing and filing forms, including accurate documentation, and retrieving medical evidence to support customers' claims.
- Advocacy. Individuals who choose Allsup receive expert assistance focused on helping them receive benefits with their initial application (a three- to six-month process). More than 50 percent of Allsup customers avoid appeals because of this. This compares to the nationwide average of only 32 percent who received benefits with their application in fiscal year 2014.
- Preparation. If a hearing is scheduled, an SSDI representative can provide invaluable assistance with preparing the claimant for the hearing, providing information to the administrative law judge, and helping customers deal with what can be a highly stressful experience.
- Success. Expert SSDI representatives such as Allsup continue to pursue benefits when individuals without an advocate may give up and decide not to appeal denials. Allsup has a 97 percent success rate for customers who complete the SSDI process with them.
Marking 250,000 satisfied customers is just one milestone of many the organization anticipates meeting in the coming months and years, CEO Jim Allsup said. "The Allsup team of experts is at the front line of providing specialized and superior service to individuals with disabilities. Our customers count on it."
Find more information about choosing an SSDI representative at Allsup.com. Click here to complete an easy online form and learn more about eligibility for Social Security Disability Insurance benefits. Or, call the Allsup Disability Evaluation Center, (800) 678-3276.
Finding the right Social Security disability representative can be worrisome. Allsup provides resources, including questions to ask representatives, on Allsup.com.
Allsup is a nationwide provider of Social Security disability, veterans disability appeal, exchange plan and Medicare services for individuals, employers and insurance carriers. Allsup professionals deliver specialized services supporting people with disabilities and seniors so they may lead lives that are as financially secure and as healthy as possible. Founded in 1984, the company is based in Belleville, Illinois, near St. Louis. Visit Allsup.com and like us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/Allsupinc.